Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Projects That Never Were

Photobucket

Way back before I even knew
I’d be working on Fahrenheit 451, there
was talk of me adapting a Vampire book. No, it
wasn’t “Twilight” or “True Blood” or any of those!
Just a quiet little vampire novella. This and some other
sketches I did of the characters are all that remain of it.
I was doing these sketches when I got the call about 451
getting the "green light" so to speak. This loose look is
something I’d like to Use in a Graphic novel at some
point when it fits the project.

Joann Sfar draws like this all the time and I never
Tire of his work.
If you haven’t read Klezmer, by the way I recommend it!
(I’m not getting paid to say that!)
http://www.firstsecondbooks.com/klezmer.html


Photobucket

This second image is a bit darker and probably
the way the book would have ultimately looked.
The plot involved junkies and drugs. Vampires
on the down and outs.

On that thought,
good day!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thais my introduction to your work and Wow! I'm just floored. Amazing, inspiring art.